Friday, April 15, 2011

More stitches....

Always expect the unexpected....feels like the story of my life lately! Today was just like any other Friday...get Emma off to school, get the boys settled in with their breakfast, and then I got to work finishing up the weekly box-up of signs. I bring everything out into the living room and just do my thing. I had just finished taping up a box, and set my tape dispenser down like I always do. Nathan and Matthew came running through the living room, and the next thing I know, Nathan is crying hysterically. I quickly realized that he must have stepped on something as he ran through, so I sat him down to take a quick look at his feet. I took one look, and ran him into the bathroom right away because the blood was flowing. Dang it.....I figured out he must have sliced his toe on the dispenser blade somehow. I tried washing it off in the sink but took a different approach when I realized how badly it was bleeding. I just wrapped it, and held it....and then I called Darrin. Long story short, we ended up heading in and were fortunate enough to have Bishop Harper stitch up Nathan's cute little toe. Just two...so we got out pretty easy....this time. How many times have I had my tape sitting on the floor? Every single week for the past two and a half years! How many times will I leave it out in the future? Not a one.

1 comment:

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Oh, Nater...of the entire living room you could have run...and you chose the spot with the blade...

Hope he feels better soon...poor boy!